To apply for a visa, the following basic documents are submitted:
- Passport that must be valid for at least three months beyond the date of the holder's departure from Ukraine, containing at least two empty pages and issued within the previous 10 years.
- Application form duly completed and signed by the applicant in person. Visa application forms of minors (below the age of 18) need to be signed by a least one of their parents or the person exercising legal guardianship.
- One recently taken passport photo (35x45 mm)
- Health insurance valid for the entire stay and accepted in Ukraine. The insurance must cover the minimum amount of EUR 30’000.00.
If the visa is requested with a longer validity and multiple entries, the travel insurance only needs to cover the first trip. The applicant acknowledges that the necessary insurance protection must also be available for each additional trip.
- Solvency proof (bank account statement for the last two months, bank letter confirming the balance of the account). Each person must be able to prove approx. CHF 60.00 (or equivalent in another currency) per day of stay + CHF 300.00.
- The email confirmation of an agreed appointment.
- The visa fee must be paid after the interview with the responsible consular employee of the embassy.
For citizens of third countries a residence permit for the Swiss Confederation (+ copy) is required, otherwise the visa must be applied for in their home country.
Other documents required depending on the visa category.